Welcome to CIWSA!
The mission of the Channel Islands Women’s Sailing Association is to support and encourage women sailors of all experience levels. By participating in educational activities both on and off the water, we develop our sailing skills and promote the Corinthian spirit. Via our community outreach program, CIWSA strives to also foster a love of sailing in local girls, particularly those who might not otherwise be exposed to the sport.
At least one on-the-water event is scheduled each month. These include…
- Ventura Caregivers Association Sailathon
- Annual event at Santa Cruz Island
- Lady at the Helm race
- “Boo Cruise” GPS on-the-water training
- A day with Sea Gals in Long Beach
- VISIT BELIZE
Our off-the-water events include
- General meetings featuring sailing-related presentations from guest speakers (see meeting detBelizeails below)
- Women’s Sailing Convention in Newport Beach
- Annual fundraiser event to support our youth sailing-camp scholarship program
Our General Meetings
CIWSA holds nine general meetings on the second Thursday of most months, at either Channel Islands Yacht Club (in CI Harbor) or Pierpoint Bay Yacht Club (in Ventura Harbor). Twice a year we convene at the Channel Islands Maritime Museum for to hear their guest speaker, and in December we have a holiday party. Each meeting is comprised of a no-host reception and dinner followed by a guest speaker. A brief business meeting is held at the end of the evening. Our general meetings run from 6:30 to 9:00.
Come Check Us Out!
We invite potential new members to attend one daysail and/or two of our meetings without any obligation to join. After that, visitors are asked to join the club if they would like to continue sailing and attending meetings. Our membership fees are $100 annually.
Please come and visit! Bring your family members and friends. We would love to meet you!